Andrea The 8-Bit Kitty Andrea The 8-Bit Kitty

Love It!

Though the synths were a bit too Hi-Fi and the percussion was a little too complex to be considered true 8-bit. You've really got some talent dude, much respect!

If there was one thing i would suggest, it would be this; the melody sounded a bit bare. I'd recommend adding a pad and/or strings to fill out the sound.

Excellent work guy, Keep it Up! -Peace

Bobox responds:

Yeah, the synths sound a bit to modern, but that's mainly because of the reverb effect, but they are all pure NES simulated sounds I assure you, and I only used 3 patterns at a time. I totally agree with you that the break-beat parts are the ones that are making it too complex for a simple 8-Bit track, but you must agree, it's still 8-Bit music at heart :) As for the strings and a more complex melody.., hmm...its not that I didn't try already, but I guess I rushed it a bit, I can do better, that's for sure, perhaps I'll give it a shot someday ;) Anyway, thanks for the score and for a short, but insightful review, I listened to some of your tracks, and I mostly like them, if I find the time, I'll write a review or 2. -Cheers

Cryllium [dj-Smilee] Cryllium [dj-Smilee]

Damn!

I could really sink my teeth into this track; all together its sounded great. The sections were well thought out and i could really dig the chordprogression, especially the key change about three minutes in!

I really only had to suggestions;

1.) The drums sounded a tad week. I'd recommend bringing up the bass frequencies for the clap and adding some 'oompf' to the kick. (slight distortion could help you with that)

2.) Around 2:22, just after the breakdown, I'd recommend crescendoing a bit more; building the sound before you go back to the chorus. It didn't necessarily sound abrupt; maybe adding a gated/ retriggered snare in would do the job.

All in all, a great track; I really appreciated this. Keep it up dude! -Peace

dj-Smilee responds:

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'll get to working on that and I should have an updated track within the next day or two. I'm glad you like my song :)

~ dj-Smilee

Happy Lil' Somethin' Happy Lil' Somethin'

Breezy

I personally would have brought out the percussion a bit more.. but that's just me. Also, i know alot of people get this but it is just a tad repetitive... But you've got style. Keep it up dude!

PinkScissorsMedia responds:

Thanx a lot for the advice. I like you, dude. You've got good tips for me. LOL